I wasn’t going to post because I really haven’t read that many books this year that I can say I loved–whooping total of 3 at most–but I feel propelled to anyway. So here’s the 2015 End of Year Book Survey that I have seen floating around, originally created by Perpetual Page-Turner.
2015 Reading Stats
Number of books read: 32
Number of Rereads: 0
Genre you read the most from: YA Fantasy
Best in Books
1. Best Book Read in 2015?
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going to Love More but Didn’t?
The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson
3. Most Surprising (in a good way or bad way) Book You Read?
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I really expected it to be good because it was about a fangirl. If there is any character whom I would relate to a lot, it would be her, right? Wrong. This was honestly kind of a drag.
4. Book You Pushed The Most People To Read (and they did)?
Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout; although this is kind of cheating because no one actually read it no matter how HARD I pushed…
5. Best Series Started in 2015? Best Sequel? Best Series Ender?
Series Started: The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
Sequel: Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
Series Ender: Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout
6. Favorite New Author Discovered in 2015?
7. Best Book From a Genre You Don’t Typically Read?
Rook by Sharon Cameron. It’s considered steampunk which I never read and never knew much about but this book was amazing.
8. Most Action-Packed/Thrilling/Unputdownable Book of 2015?
Six of Crows
9. Book Read in 2015 That You Are Most Likely to Reread Next Year?
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
10. Favorite Cover of A Book Read in 2015?
Emerald Green by Kerstin Gier. I have absolutely no idea what possessed the publishers (or whomever the job falls on) to change the covers. I mean, I have seen worst cover changes (I’m looking at you Lux series) and the new covers aren’t horrible but I feel justified in my discontentment.
11. Most Memorable Character of 2015?
Kaz Brekker from Six of Crows.
12. Most Beautifully Written Book Read in 2015?
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
13. Most Thought-Provoking/Life Changing Book of 2015?
Good question. I’m going to say that I have no idea. The books I read this year weren’t very life-changing.
14. Book You Can’t Believe You Waited Until 2015 To Read?
All of them LOL. Just Kidding. Cinder by Marissa Meyer.
15. Favorite Passage of a Book Read in 2015?
“The heart is an arrow. It demands aim to land true.”
From Six of Crows.
16. Shortest and Longest Book Read in 2015?
Shortest: Flash Vol. 2: Rogues Revolution
Longest: Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
17. Book That Shocked You the Most?
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
18. OTP of the Year (you will go down with this ship!)
MAGNEO! (Magnus Damora and Cleiona Bellos from the Falling Kingdoms series by Morgan Rhodes)
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship of the Year?
Chaol and Dorian from the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 from an Author Read Previously?
Percy Jackson’s Greek Gods by Rick Riordan
21. Best Book in 2015 That You Read Solely Based on a Recommendation from Somebody Else?
Throne of Glass. My sister practically shoved this down my throat.
22. Newest Fictional Crush From a Book Read in 2015?
Kaz Brekker. I’m not sorry. Although I’m not sure if I have a crush on him as much as I just love his character so much. So maybe Wolf from Scarlet by Marissa Meyer.
23. Best 2015 Debut Read?
An Ember in the Ashes
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting Read This Year?
Crown of Midnight
25. Book That Put A Smile on Your Face/was the Most Fun to Read?
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins = cuteness overload
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
I don’t think any books made me cry, although I might have shed a tear at how amazing Six of Crows was.
27. Hidden Gem of the Year?
Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
An Ember in the Ashes. (Sorry to be repetitive.)
29. Most Unique Book Read in 2015?
True History of Kelly Gang by Peter Carey
30. Book That Made You the Most Mad?
Falling Kingdoms because the writing and characters were just so bad. It was seriously unbelievable. Just…read my review.
- New Favorite Book Blog You Discovered?
Um… Life and Other Disasters. You’re a cool Kat (pun intended).
2. Favorite Review That You Wrote?
Gathering Darkness by Morgan Rhodes
3. Best Discussion/Non-Review Post?
Disney Book Tag! Maybe. It was pretty fun to do and I love disney.
4. Best Event That You Participated In?
I didn’t participate in any events. Sadly.
5. Best Moment of Blogging Life in 2015?
When I finished my first term in college and I was able to resume blogging. It felt so refreshing.
6. Most Popular Post This Year on Your Blog?
7. Post You Wish Got a Little More Love?
Exciting Shatter Me News! Seriously, is no one else as excited about this as I am? I need someone to freak out with!
8. Best Bookish Discovery?
This ca-yute cafe I found in my city that is part book-store.
9. Did You Complete Any Reading Challenges Or Goals Set?
No. I can thank college for that.
- Number One Priority in 2016?
Legacy of Kings by Eleanor Herman and The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan
2. Book Most Anticipated in 2016?
Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo (Six of Crows #2)
3. 2016 Debut Most Anticipated?
The Trials of Apollo by Rick Riordan
4. Series Ending/Sequel Most Anticipated?
The Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir (An Ember in the Ashes #2)
5. One Thing You Hope to Accomplish or Do In Your Reading /Blogging Life in 2016?
In my blogging life, I just want to keep doing what I’m doing, really. Post reviews of the books I read and movie-adaptations should there be any. In my reading life, I want to read more different books. YA Fantasy and Dystopian Fiction is pretty much my go-to and I’m cool with that but I also want to explore other depths like historical fiction and maybe more adult fiction. Just to see what it’s like, ya know? I’m also really in the mood to read a book with a dragon in it…
6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend to Everyone?
Sorry, I’m not that privileged.
HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL! I hope 2016 has amazing wonders in store for all of you! xx